Report Raises Questions About D.C. Fire Readiness
A new report from the District of Columbia’s inspector general raises further questions about whether the fire department has enough trucks to respond to major emergencies.
The report found that numerous trucks designated as reserves by the department were unavailable. The district’s firefighters’ union pointed out similar problems after a D.C. Council hearing last month. It noted that four of the trucks fire officials said were available in reserve had either been sold or were inoperable. The department is required to have a dozen reserve trucks as part of changes implemented after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe has acknowledged that he unintentionally gave inaccurate information to the council.
Ellerbe said in a statement Friday that he’s in the process of purchasing new trucks and ambulances.
- Family of Canadian CEO Killed in Helicopter Crash Files $35 Million Lawsuit
- What Chief Claims Officers Can Do About a Growing Trend of Alleged Bad Faith Claims
- Public Adjuster Pleads Guilty to Another Scam, This One on a Church in Georgia
- How A Long-Lived Super-Regional Carrier is Implementing AI in Claims
- Lemonade Embraced AI in Claims From Inception, And Is Still Eying The Next Tech
- Bayer Weighs Billions in Capital Raise for Lawsuits, Shares Tumble
- Douglas Elliman Firm Sued for Allegedly Enabling Alexander Brothers
- Alert for Contractors, Builders Insurers: Construction Defect Lawsuits Likely to Rise