One New Jersey Sandy Contractor Being Phased Out
The state of New Jersey says a company it hired to oversee the rebuilding of homes damaged or destroyed by Superstorm Sandy is being phased out of its duties.
The state government says it started informing homeowners this week that San Francisco-based URS Corp. would no longer handle their cases.
New Jersey Community Affairs Commissioner Richard Constable said Friday that the state hired three contractors to do the work last year but has since realized it needed only two.
He did not say why URS was the one being cut.
A spokeswoman for the company declined to comment.
The decision was made public as storm victims have expressed growing frustration with the way the state has handled rebuilding after the October 2012 storm.
Copyright 2025 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Popular Today
- Family of Canadian CEO Killed in Helicopter Crash Files $35 Million Lawsuit
- Trump’s Tariffs Threaten to Endanger the Cheap American Car
- 1-in-7 U.S Homeowners Uninsured, Report Shows
- What Chief Claims Officers Can Do About a Growing Trend of Alleged Bad Faith Claims
Popular This Month
- Alert for Contractors, Builders Insurers: Construction Defect Lawsuits Likely to Rise
- State Farm Wins Dismissal of Homeowners’ Class Action Over Use of Xactimate Software
- Wall Street Brokers Start Trading Insurer Claims From LA Fires
- J&J Spars With Foes of $9 Billion Talc Cancer Plan as Trial Ends