Metro Accident Victim’s Family Plans Lawsuit
A lawyer representing the family of a woman killed earlier this month in an accident on Metro says he’ll file a lawsuit over the incident later this week.
Patrick Regan said Tuesday that he expected to file a lawsuit in federal court in Washington, D.C., by the end of the week.
Regan represents the family of Carol Glover, who died during the Jan. 12 accident on Metro’s yellow line. Glover was one of the passengers on a train that was stuck in a subway tunnel after an electrical malfunction. The malfunction sent smoke into the train as well as the nearby L’Enfant Plaza station. Glover died of acute respiratory failure due to smoke exposure.
Regan says the accident was “completely foreseeable.”
Copyright 2025 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Popular Today
- Oracle Warns Health Customers of Patient Data Breach
- How A Long-Lived Super-Regional Carrier is Implementing AI in Claims
- State Farm Wins Dismissal of Homeowners’ Class Action Over Use of Xactimate Software
- What Chief Claims Officers Can Do About a Growing Trend of Alleged Bad Faith Claims
Popular This Month