Dolly Disaster Assistance Tops $24 Million in Texas
More than $24 million has been approved to help people, businesses and infrastructure affected by Hurricane Dolly after the storm hit the Rio Grande Valley last month, several governmental agencies said on Friday, Aug. 22.
The Texas Governor’s Division of Emergency Management, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration announced that the money has been approved to help people in Cameron, Hidalgo, and Willacy counties.
“Everyone who sustained damages as a result of Hurricane Dolly in the federally declared counties should register for disaster assistance with FEMA,” said federal coordinating officer Sandy Coachman, who leads the agency’s program in Texas.
Under FEMA’s Public Assistance (infrastructure) Program, state agencies, local governments and certain nonprofit organizations that provide essential services in Aransas, Bexar, Brooks, Calhoun, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Starr, Victoria and Willacy counties are eligible to apply for federal assistance.
- Car-Seller Copart Among Suitors for Car Insurance Software Firm CCC
- State Farm Must Give Up Trade Secrets in Claims Lawsuits, but Under Court Review
- When ‘We Accept’ Becomes A Contract: A Claims Lesson From Farmers V. Wood
- Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
- Ex-Red Lobster Owner Says in Lawsuit Defense That Endless Shrimp Not Its Idea
- Humans, Not AI, Still A Cause of Most Cyber Losses in First Half of Year
- Florida’s Fix for Insurance Crisis Puts More Risk on Homeowners
- Bodily Injury Is Now A Big Share of Auto Claims Payouts. Is AI to Blame for That Too?