Michigan Officials Suspect Arson in 10 Fires in Flint
Authorities in Flint are investigating a dozen weekend fires — most of them suspected to be arson.
Flint Fire Department Battalion Chief Andy Graves said Sunday that 12 fires were reported since midnight last Friday. The first occurred at 1:38 a.m. Saturday in a vacant house.
Graves says 10 of the 12 fires are being investigated as possible arson.
He says a total of 107 fires have been reported in April, which he says is a “gigantic” increase from the 37 reported in the same time period last year.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Popular Today
- Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
- The Big Dog Is Off the Tech Porch: State Farm as ‘Next Gen Good Neighbor’
- Iran Starts Bitcoin-Backed Ship Insurance for Hormuz Strait
- Trump Set to Sign AI Cybersecurity Directive as Soon as Thursday
Popular This Month
- Florida Woman Drives Elevated Pickup Over Lamborghini Sports Car in Parking Lot
- A 16,000% Problem: Why Workers’ Comp Can’t Get Drug Costs Under Control
- AI Ruling Prompts Warnings From Lawyers: Your Chats Could Be Used Against You
- CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach