Los Angeles County Settles Bus Accident Suit for $3.5M
An attorney says Los Angeles County’s transit agency has paid $3.5 million to a woman whose foot was crushed by a bus.
Jenny Lopez sued the Metropolitan Transportation Authority after she stepped into a crosswalk in 2010 and a bus making a turn ran over her foot, tearing off the skin and breaking some bones. Her daughter, who was 9 at the time, received minor injuries.
Lopez sued the transit agency for negligence, contending the driver failed to stop completely before making the turn.
Her attorney, Dan Callahan, says the MTA sent the money last week to settle the case. Callahan says he sent a dismissal filing to the court electronically on Monday.
A call to the MTA seeking comment wasn’t immediately returned.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Popular Today
- CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach
- ‘Big Tobacco’ Moment for Cannabis: What Insurers Need to Know About Murray v. Cresco
- Wall Street Watchdogs Pause Some Cyber Exams After Mythos Shock
- California Fire Spread Slows But Dangerous Conditions Linger
Popular This Month