Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Dies After Exposure to Chemical at Restaurant
The Burlington fire department responded to a chemical reaction in the kitchen area of the restaurant where a male employee was suffering from nausea, a fire department representative said in a statement.
Media identified the chemical as sodium hypochlorite, a cleaning agent.
“The employee was taken to Lahey Hospital and Medical Center in serious condition after being exposed to a strong cleaning agent. The man later died at the hospital,” the department said.
The other patients, including restaurant employees and patrons, complained of difficulty in breathing and burning eyes, the department said.
“The gentleman that passed away was an employee of Buffalo Wild Wings, who attempted to squeegee the product out of the building when he was overcome,” Assistant Burlington Fire Chief Michael Patterson told reporters.
There was no threat to public safety, officials said.
“We…are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation,” a spokesperson for Buffalo Wild Wings said, but did not share any additional details.
- Conn. Supreme Court Finds Insurers Not Liable for Crumbling Foundations
- Dollar Tree Gets FDA Warning for Potentially Dangerous Drugs
- Nissan Recalls Nearly 400,000 Vehicles Over Braking System Defect
- PG&E Is Dubious of Fire Victim’s Claim for a 500-Pound Emerald